If you have not installed Box of Books in Canvas head over to our Install Canvas Integration technote.
How to deep link and embed ebooks into Canvas LMS:
1. Select the book you wish to link to and click “Read Book Online”
2. Locate the page you wish to share.
3. Click on the chain (link) icon on the top right corner to obtain a unique link. The link can be copied and shared with others to link directly to the page.
4. Go to a course in Canvas that you want to embed the book into.
5. Click the + Add button next to the module in which the book should be added (if there are no existing modules, a module has to be created first by clicking the blue Add Module button on the page).
5. In the dropdown menu on the popup dialog, select External Tool and select Box of Books from the external tool list.
6. Paste the URL that was copied earlier into the URL field, then check/choose/fill in the other fields accordingly, and then click the Add Item button.
7. Ensure the added item is active (it should be green with a tick) otherwise it isn’t published.
You’re all set! The book has been successfully embedded into Canvas. And students will see something like...
You can also add the link you have copied into other Canvas LMS sections like Assignments.
Click + Assignment
2. Add a Title. Add some text into the text box
3. Click on the Link button
4. An Insert Link box will appear. Add some Text and then paste your copied URL into the Link field and click Done.
5. Save and publish. The direct link will be available for students.