Rich Notes Guide
The rich notes feature allows for a myriad of functions to elevate the student’s note-taking experience. This guide will show you how to utilise rich notes to the greatest extent.
There are three types of rich notes;
- Publisher notes – these allow publishers to embed supplementary material directly into online books; these notes are only present on certain books at this early stage of the feature release
- School notes – these allow teaching staff to collaborate on enhancing students’ experiences of online books
- Personal notes – for individuals to save their own notes and bookmark pages
To Add Notes
- Open up a book within the Box of Books online reader.
- Select the text content and once selected, a pencil icon should appear.
- Click the pencil icon and a field should pop up.
- Enter your notes into the field.
- Press save once complete.
You can choose bold, italicise and strike out your notes.
- Select your notes and click the option you wish to format your text with or;
- Use the hot keys provided below to format your text as you type.
You can also embed links.
- Select your notes and click the link icon.
- Add the URL into the pop-up box.
- Press link once complete.
- If successful, this should turn your notes into a turquoise colour.
You can format your notes as a title, quote in addition to using bullet points and numbering.
- Click the option you wish to format your text with and click the option again to stop formatting the text or;
- Select your notes and click the option you wish to format your text with.
There is also an option to change indentation for bullet points and numbering.
You can also add embed YouTube videos.
- Copy and paste the YouTube video URL into the field.
- Once you save, it should be embedded as video in your notes.
To turn a Personal Note into a School Note, teachers are able to use the toggle to share the note with all users who view the book in their school.
To Access Notes
Click on the annotation icon (on the left panel next to the table of contents icon) as indicated below. This page will show all your notes, bookmarks and highlighted content.
To Edit and Delete Notes
- Click on the note through the annotations panel or Click on the highlighted text.
- To edit, click “Edit” (in the bottom right hand corner of the note) to edit your text.
- To delete, once you’ve clicked edit, click “Delete” (in the bottom right hand corner to the left of “save”).