Whitelisting for Box of Books
Box of Books hosts all of its books in Sydney on Amazon Web Services. The Adobe digital rights management (DRM) associated with many publishers books requires a variety of whitelisted URLs to correctly identify the user and a provide them with an individually encrypted book.
The following URL stems should be whitelisted for access to Box of Books web interfaces:
- .boxofbooks.io for both HTTPS/SSL and HTTP
- .boxofbooks.com.au for both HTTPS/SSL and HTTP
For example, the following URLs should all be whitelisted:
Book Catalogue Storage
All books are served from a secure Amazon S3 location. The following URL stems need to be whitelisted:
DRM Primary and Failover IPs
Note, it is important to whitelist the IPs and not the URLs.
- 18.104.22.168 (Default) – Which resolves to VIP (C-Name) signingservice-eu.wip4.adobe.com, Alias eusigningservice.adobe.com
- 22.214.171.124 (Default) – Which resolves to VIP (C-Name) signingservice-na.wip4.adobe.com and Alias nasigningservice.adobe.com
- 126.96.36.199 (Default) – Which resolves to VIP adeactivate.wip4.adobe.com
To ensure users receive our email communications (sign up email etc).
- 188.8.131.52/27 (184.108.40.206 - 127)
- 220.127.116.11/26 (18.104.22.168 - 255)
- 22.214.171.124/24 (126.96.36.199 - 255)
Whitelist both HTTP:// and HTTPS:// including the domains and sub-domains:
- * .intercom.io
- * .intercomcdn.com
Pilot or support accounts should always be configured with access to both open and digitally rights managed books. It is critical to test both book formats as they have distinct requirements with respect to whitelisting.